As 2019 comes to a close, I cannot help but think about how much I have traveled and evolved as an agent in the past 10 years.
I started my career with a small home-based agency that specialized in Australia and New Zealand. I worked there until I decided I wanted to move on to something a little more corporate based.
- I visited Mexico as my first “big” trip abroad.
- I went to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale to check out new cruise ships
- I visited New Zealand and Fiji as my next big trips abroad
2011 – I continued my career with AAA
- I visited Hawaii and Los Angeles
- Visited China
- Celebrated my 30th Birthday at Walt Disney World
- Went on my first Bus Tour with Trafalgar Tours to London, Paris, Lucerne, Venice, Florence and Rome
- Was a part of AAA’s Gold Club in Texas
- Went to the Top Agent trip in London and continued independently to Paris and Belgium. It was the first big trip my husband and I traveled on together.
- Started building my client relationships. Something I value to my core to this day.
- Had the honor of starting my working relationship with Make A Wish Foundation of the Gulf Coast and Louisiana region.
2016 – present Brilliant Journeys was founded
As you may know, I decided to start Brilliant Journeys when I had my daughter in 2016
- We traveled to California for the Avoya Conference and my daughter went to Disneyland the first time
- I made Best of the Best in 2017 & 2018.
- I made the Million Dollar Club in 2019
- I was invited to Global Travel Marketplace two years in a row! (a conference for top tier agents)
- Sailed on the inaugural Norwegian Bliss
- Won Travel Age West Magazine’s Up and Coming Agent Rockstar Under the age of 40
- Traveled to the Dominican Republic and stayed at the Secrets Cap Cana
- Traveled to Jamaica
- Fulfilled a dream of traveling to Thailand
- Won Top Sales with Insight Vacations in all of North America
- Won Trafalgar’s Top Agent and went to South Africa
- Traveled on my first river cruise with Crystal River Cruises
- Was one of the first passengers to experience A Perfect Day in CoCo Cay with Royal Caribbean
- Experienced Ireland on Insight Luxury Gold with my husband
- Attended the European Travel Conference in Poland
- Ended 2019 by visiting the German Christmas Markets
Whew! This decade was something. I am so incredibly lucky to do what I do. I love travel and I love assisting my clients even more. I cannot wait to see what the next 10 years brings me.